Why hire an Interior Designer?
- It helps owners/renters to avoid making unwise decisions and chaos when it comes to purchasing materials, furniture, lights, etc.
- A professional interior designer sees and conceptualizes the BIG picture, whereas owners/renters more often than not, merely focus on individual issues / materials / colors, etc.
- A professional interior designer can help to advise on an appropriate scheme to suit your lifestyle and budget.
- Property owners doing their own interior design will usually end up with a “miss-match” or somewhat “chaotic” interior; especially by neglecting consideration of color, lighting, furniture and soft furnishings and other crucial details that “completes” the whole interior. A professional interior designer will help to ensure and co-ordinate all the above for you!
- Owners may feel the pinch when incurring cost on the professional fee. However, just imagine for a moment how much more you will have lost (in terms of money and time) when you make the wrong commitments due to inexperience of choosing fixtures and inaccurate measurements.
- For a fraction of the cost of your property, is it not wise to leverage the knowledge and experience of those who know best and to free yourself to do the things that you do best?
- Design Matters! A good design truly improves the way you live as seen from the many examples around us (e.g., electricity, computers, escalators, airplanes, etc.
When should I use a design professional?
- When you want to renovate or remodel your living space…
- Whenever you need to relate interior design considerations to an existing or as yet to be formulated architectural plan.
- When your lifestyle is about to change, such as working from your home…
- When your residence will be used for occasional social functions…
- When your expanding family needs to “reorganize” space allocations…
- Whenever you need full project coordination.
- When you like a variety of styles but are not sure how to group them together…
- When your current furniture arrangement requires an infusion of inspiration…
- When you feel the collectibles you own and love require more attention…
- When your rooms needs floor coverings, furniture and accessories…
- Whenever you feel that you need professional guidance.
What should you know before contacting an Interior Designer? (or how to work with an Interior Designer!)
- Collect clippings from magazines and photos of items and decors that appeal to you.
Think about colors, styles and effects you like.
- Know what you want to accomplish, what the room or house should do for you when finished.
- Should it be formal or casual, traditional or contemporary?
- Know your objective and lifestyle needs.
- Establish a time frame in which you would like to work
What should I budget?
- Letting the designer know what you can afford will help achieve what you want to meet your budget. Teatro Designs will get a beautiful look for you for as little as possible.
Why should I seek the service of an interior designer?
- Because their knowledge, expertise, and guidance can help prevent costly mistakes.
- Because a professional will save you countless hours of shopping, after all… they have access to a wide range of domestic and foreign resources.
- Because they can help you define and enhance your own distinctive style.
- Because interior designers can make the most of what you have and do the required research to find what you need.
- Because they are trained to make the most of available spaces and to create the traffic patterns and furniture arrangements that make daily living functional, safe, comfortable and easy.
What if the Designer imposes their ideas instead of getting my personal taste?
- Consulting with an Interior Designer is not about imposing ideas or personal taste onto a client, but rather how a client and designer come together to create a unique interior just for you. It’s about helping the client develop their vision while analyzing their design requirements, and in the end, creating a space that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Together with Teatro Designs, Inc. you can create the dream you have always wanted.
What do I have to do to work with a designer?
- Think about what your likes and dislikes are. Look through magazines or books and ear mark them. Have them ready to show the designer at the first consultation. This will give the designer YOUR personal taste so they can help you achieve exactly what YOU want.
Consider the following:
- FOCUS: Within each room, pick one or two of your favorite pieces or room “elements.” These pieces may be furniture, lamps, artwork, rugs, or maybe it’s the wall color. Once you know what your focus will be for each room, you can begin adding complimentary pieces.
It’s important to keep your rooms free from clutter. Keep the pieces that really mean something to you, and discard the rest. Go beyond your comfort level when putting pieces together. The idea is to create an environment where pieces complement each other, not necessarily match one another.
- FUNCTION: When planning each room, determine how the room is used. This will help determine furniture placement and where lighting would be best for individual activities and help determine just what is needed for the update.
- FRESHNESS: Keep your eyes open to new ideas of your own in stores, catalogs, art shows, or maybe something your neighbor or relative tried that you liked. There are a lot of creative ideas available and they are just waiting for you to bring them home.
- What are your goals for the space? What are your furniture and decorating needs? How many people will use this space? What activities will take place in this space? These are just a few of the questions we ask, then we listen actively and intently. By understanding your basic needs and desires, we begin the process of building a one-on-one relationship with you, one that we work to sustain throughout the design and building process. It’s how we succeed in bringing your dreams to reality.
How long will it take to received the finish design packet?
- Once Teatro Designs has received all the information they need to formulate a design packet, your completed design will take 2-3 weeks